Wednesday, December 28, 2005

worldjazz 2005

By Leonardo Barroso
As a Jazz fan, I always check out, as many as possible, various jazz medias ( websites, magazines, etc. ). But sometimes you hear something new and usually you never heard about.
I have a great friend in Norway, and he showed me a CD from Sweden made in 1996. At first I'll never pick a cd that old, but I was very wrong. North European female singers has, in most cases, a not so powerful voice, but not this one, her name is Rebecka Tornqvist ( beautiful woman ) . Just wonderful to hear. Don't let a decade pass by, hear this CD now:

REBECKA TORNQVIST & PER 'TEXAS' JOHANSSON
THE STOCKHOLM KAZA SESSION - Kaza/EMI 8540562
with Bobo Stenson, Max Schultz, Markus Wikstrom and Magnus Ostrom

The Stockholm Kaza Session


 1. My Shining Hour 2:12
 2. Out Of This World 6:28
 3. The Peacocks 6:37
 4. After You're Gone 5:01
 5. Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words) (Instrumental) 4:34
 6. Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words) (Vocal) 3:17
 7. I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face 5:55
 8. Honeysuckle Rose 4:27
 9. Danny's Dream 3:50
10. Atlantis 2:23
11. Everytime We Say Goodbye 3:24

HAPPY 2006 FOR EVERYONE !!!!!!
AND LOTS OF JAZZ

No comments: